Wundwin Township administrator shot dead

Wundwin Township administrator shot dead

A local resistance force shot and killed the Wundwin Township administrator, U Kyaw Moe Oo, it also killed one of his staff members and injured another while the three of them were eating lunch in a restaurant.

The administrator and his staff members were shot at the restaurant in Mandalay’s Wundwin Township at 2:00 p.m. on 17 October.

A Wundwin resident said: “The man [U Kyaw Moe Oo] had a bad reputation in our township. He was shot at around midday while having lunch at a restaurant near his workplace. He was a former police officer who was now serving as the township administrator.”

Another local said: “He was moved from being the police station chief last year to replace the outgoing administrator. His two staff members were also shot.”

Wundwin Township Revolution Force (WTRF) claimed responsibility for the shootings. It has been confirmed that two people were killed and one was hospitalised with injuries

More news from Mizzima
Wife Demands Accountability 57 Months After Arrest of Executed Myanmar Lawmaker Phyo Zeyar Thaw
August 19, 2026
Fifty-seven months after former National League for Democracy (NLD) lawmaker Phyo Zeyar Thaw was...
August 17, 2026
A prominent Thai environmentalist has urged Southeast Asian governments to designate “no-go...
August 15, 2026
Over 40 schools in Nanyun Township, located in the Naga Self-Administered Zone of Sagaing Region...
August 14, 2026
Myanmar junta forces are threatening, restricting, and blocking local aid workers attempting to...