Junta Strikes Mindat Township with 500-Pound Bombs Again

Junta Strikes Mindat Township with 500-Pound Bombs Again

The Junta Air Force used 500-pound bombs on two occasions to attack a specific location in District No. 2 of Mindat Township in Chin State, according to the Mindat People's Administrative Team (PAT-Mindat) and local sources.

“The military planes bombed twice, once in the evening and once before midnight. Luckily no-one was hurt, and the bombs only landed in the forested areas”, a PAT-Midat official said.

Around 5:30 pm on May 1, a Junta jet fighter dropped a 500-pound bomb close to a village within District No. 2. Villagers reported that around 11:00 pm, the Junta Air Force dropped another 500-pound bomb on the same spot.

Previously on April 25, the Junta carried out two airstrikes, using 500-pound bombs to target the Vawmm'Tu Hospital in District 2, leading to the death of 5 civilians and injuring at least 30 other victims.

On that same day, the Junta Air Force conducted air raids, dropping hundreds of bombs in the vicinity of a village within District No. 2.

Over the past 3 years since the coup, the Junta has consistently aimed its attacks at civilian areas with no military facilities , conducting airstrikes resulting in the injury of 56 civilians, including children, and the destruction of 8 churches, 4 monasteries, and 88 houses in Mindat.

May 14, 2026
The Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar (IIMM) said that children across Myanmar,...
May 13, 2026
The Chinland Defence Force-Tonzang (CDF-Tonzang) said sufficient resistance forces are deployed...
May 8, 2026
A junta convoy transporting personnel and staff to help re-establish administrative control in...
May 6, 2026
The prosecution of coup leader-turned-president Min Aung Hlaing under the Timor-Leste justice...