Military Council and PNO Torched Homes in Saung Nan Khae Village, Over Half Reportedly Destroyed by Fire

Military Council and PNO Torched Homes in Saung Nan Khae Village, Over Half Reportedly Destroyed by Fire

In Saung Nan Khae Village, located in Pekon Township, Southern Shan State, houses belonging to local residents were reportedly set on fire and destroyed by the Military Council forces and the People’s Militia (PNO) on June 24, according to a resistance soldier who witnessed the incident firsthand.

The village contained approximately 60 houses, and more than half were destroyed by the fire, the resistance soldier told Kantarawaddy Times.

“The village comprised approximately 50 to 60 households, and more than half were destroyed by the fire,” he stated.

Residents of Saung Nan Khae had already fled the village following clashes on June 9, which forced the entire community to evacuate.

Currently, the displaced villagers have not yet completed building shelters at their relocation site and are experiencing the destruction of their homes while still in displacement, according to the Kayan Region Leftist Youths (KRLY).

“The people of Saung Nan Khae had just fled to safety and started building shelters. But before they could finish, their village was already being destroyed,” a KRLY representative said.

On June 9, the People’s Militia (PNO) launched a bombing attack on the Kayan New Land Party (KNLP) gate in Saung Nan Khae, injuring two KNLP soldiers armed forces and killing one.

August 13, 2026
A Myanmar military suicide drone attack on a camp for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in...
August 8, 2026
Multiple schools in western Demawso Township have been forced to close indefinitely following a...
August 7, 2026
A Myanmar military fighter jet targeted a displacement camp in western Demoso Township, Karenni...
August 5, 2026
A military junta drone attack killed five civilians—including a five-month-old infant—in western...