Car with military council’s troops was shot in Myingyan

Car with military council’s troops was shot in Myingyan

A Toyota car used by military council’s troops was shot at in Myingyan Township, Mandalay Region.

Locals said that some motorcyclists opened fire on the car in No. 8 ward around about 11:30 a.m. on July 4.

“It was shot at No. 8 ward. The motorcyclist fled to No. 6 Ward. The car that was hit followed and fired to arrest the gunmen. I heard that they were not arrested. I have not heard anything again since then,” said a local who did not want to be named.

Because of this, the extent of the damage is unknown yet, similarly, Aung Moe Thant, the administrator appointed by the military council for No. 19 ward in Myingyan township, was shot three times earlier on July 4.

One of the bullets pierced his arm, another injured the chest. The military council’s troops took him to hospital. Myingyan Zero guerrilla group officially announced on social media that this shooting was their action.

More news from Mizzima
February 21, 2026
According to the 2025 Landmine Monitor report, Myanmar recorded the highest number of casualties...
February 20, 2026
The Myanmar junta, led by Min Aung Hlaing, has enacted a new amendment to the Private Health...
February 19, 2026
The Mizoram government has ordered a temporary two-month closure of the India–Myanmar border...
February 18, 2026
Human Rights Myanmar (HRM) says Myanmar’s military junta has constructed an integrated digital...