The Burma News International aims to promote Burma related news and reports in South Asia and South East Asia. It is also serves as a bridge for mutual-understanding, sharing experiences, expertise and resources and cooperation among the Independent Burma Media Organizations.
“To become a leading multimedia enterprise that presents a comprehensive picture of Burma and plays a role in promoting an understanding of the country.”
Code of Ethics
- The news should be based on facts and information where truthfulness can be checked. When requesting information, the journalist must introduce himself/herself; name the media group that he/she represents.
- A named source is needed in a news story and it is preferable referencing more than one source. Talk to sources on all sides of a conflict, argument or negotiation.
- If a resource person did not allowed to put his/her name and address, the reporter must avoid using his/her real name. When a reporter needs using an anonymous source, he should let know the responsible editor about the anonymous.
- A resource person gives secret news amid danger, as he believes the journalist. So, it is the journalist’s responsibility to keep the source in secret.
- When covering wrong news, put correction or apology immediately.
- A journalist must be cautious, not to call a person facing a trial as a convict before the judge made a decision.
- A journalist must write a news story without putting his/her comment and avoid biased words.
- A journalist must not cover a subjective news story, in exchange of money, opportunity, bribe, souvenir or gift.
- A journalist must keep away from reporting groundless propaganda caused by influential power of a political party or a business group or a governmental office,
- A journalist must avoid discrimination, condemnation and prejudice rooted in race, religion, gender, political belief, economic background and social setting, while writing a news story or commentary.
- Never use photo, news, article and commentary created by someone if permission is not allowed. Even with permission, you need to mention the name of the original source. Never plagiarize.
- When a journalist covers news stories on women, children and disable persons, he needs to know and follow the respective laws.
- If there is no reliable confirmation, a journalist must not take news stories from the social media such as Facebook and personal blogs.
- Unethical or dirty creations such as sexual instigation news, articles, photos and pictures that hurt the moral values of citizens must be discarded from publishing.
- Racial, religious and ideological news stories or commentaries that fueled social disorders must be avoided from publishing.
BNI Membership Criteria
- Must be an independent Burma media organization
- Must be a stable media organization
- Must produce original news on Burma
- Must accept BNI’s vision, mission, rules and regulations
- Must agree to BNI’s Code of Ethics
- A media organization must be nominated by a minimum of two existing BNI members to become a member of BNI, and the membership decision will be made by consensus during BNI’s regular meetings
- Must accept the responsibilities assigned at BNI’s regular meetings
- Development Officer - Ms. Nan Paw Gay
- Development Secretary- Mr. Khin Maung Shwe
- Program Coordinator- Ms. Thu Htike San
- Administrative Coordinator - Mr. Nay Myo Aung
- Accountant - Ms. Ngao Hseng
- Duty Editor- Nai Banyar Aung (IMNA)
- Assistant duty editor- Mr. Aung Moe Myint (NMG)
- Assistant Duty Editor - Saw Htun Lin (KIC)
- Copy Editor- Brennan O' Connor
- Editorial Quality Consultant - Mr. Zin Lin
- Webmaster- Piang Pha
Peace Process Monitoring Program
- Program Coordinator- Mr. Sai Leik
- Researcher - Mr. Nay Lin Htike
- Webmaster - Mr. Aung Kyaw Htun
- Consultant (Part Time) - Ms. Donna Ong
Free Ethnic Voice Radio Program in Voice of America (VoA)
- Producer- Mr. Nai Banya Enn
- Editor- Mr. Sai Merng
- Newsroom consultant- Mr. Moe Zaw
- Presenter- Ms. Nu Pan
- Presenter - Mr. Sai Merng
- Narrator- Ms. Ah Mee
Ethnic Women Voice- FM Program (MAP Foundation)
- Producer - Ms. Thi Thi Mon
- Assistant presenter - Naw Say Say
Ethnic Perspective TV Program in DVB
- Producer - Mr. Dom Za Khoi
- Presenter - Ms. Ah Mee
- Cameraman / editor- Mr. Aung Ko
Alternative Ethnic Perspective- TV Team
- Cameraman - Mr. Tala Chan (Mon)
- Cameraman - Mr. Sein Win Aung (Karen)
|< Prev||Next >|